- The comic store has now launched with hundreds of title from Marvel, IDW, Titan, iVerse and 2000AD.
- Check PlayStationComics.com for listings.
Thursday, December 17, 2009
- From Joystiq:
"Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has finally debuted the first batch of Blu-ray discs that take advantage of Digital Copy for PSP. With this feature, people that own both a PS3 and a PSP will be able to copy a portable version of a movie directly from a Blu-ray disc to Sony's handheld. Well, almost directly.
There are a few steps you must take to activate the PSP copy. When you insert the Blu-ray disc into the PS3, you'll see two icons appear on the XMB, one that allows you to store a SD version of the movie to your PS3 hard drive. You must be logged on to the PlayStation Network and then enter a unique 12-digit code included with the disc. Once the activation process is complete, a 2GB file will transfer to your PS3. You can watch this movie on the hard drive (but why would you when you have the Blu-ray disc?), or you can copy it over to the PSP -- a process which takes about five minutes total.
The video quality of the "Digital Copy" is fantastic, especially on the PSP's smaller screen. Unfortunately, the initial batch of movies leaves a lot to be desired: Godzilla (the 1998 American version), The Ugly Truth and Angels & Demons. Hopefully, SPHE will start implementing the feature on some ... y'know, good movies in the future."
Wednesday, December 09, 2009
- PS3 Firmware v3.15 is out now and adds support for playing PSP Minis on the PS3.
- Like PSone classics, buy the game once from the PlayStation Store and it will work on both platforms.
- If you have already bought a Mini on your PSP and want to play it on your PS3, access it from the Store's archived Download List.
- Only five titles work at first, ("Blast Off", "Echoes", "Kahoots", "Stand O' Food" and "Zombie Tycoon",) the rest coming next week.